Citrus Sugar Cookies
1 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 1/4 Cups Confectioners Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
1/4 tsp Fiori di Sicilia
2 1/2 Cups AP Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
- In a mixer, cream together butter and confectioners sugar until light in color and fluffy in texture.
- Add the egg yolks and Fiori di Sicilia. Cream for 1 minute.
- On low speed, add the AP flour and salt to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix until the mixture starts to form a ball of dough.
- Remove dough and gently kneed it together until you have a nice smooth ball of dough. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- When ready to roll out, remove the dough from the refrigerator and let set for 5 minutes until it begins to soften slightly.
- Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick and cut out cookies with your favorite cookie cutter!
- Bake at 325 for 8-12 minutes depending on the size of the cookie!