1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Egg + 1 Egg Yolk
1 Cup Molasses
1 1/4 Cups AP Flour
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp Cloves
1 Cup Hot Water
1 tsp Baking Soda
- Grease a 9×9 inch Baking Pan and line with Parchment Paper
Pre-heat oven to 350
- In a mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, egg yolk and molasses. Cream until smooth and light in color
- Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and salt. Add dry mixture and mix until just combined.
- Add the baking soda to the hot water and with the mixer on slow, slowly add the water to the batter.
- Once all the water is added, scrap the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again for another 20 seconds until all the chunks smooth out.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes Serve warm or at room temperature!