If you say Flour-less or Gluten-Free to me, I am probably going to roll my eyes at you give a hard PASS.
This rich, dense, creamy, decadent flourless chocolate cake will change your mind forever when it comes to Gluten-Free baking. It is also my most coveted recipe I make.
Although I feel the term “cake” is perhaps not the best description, the cake is more like a baked ganache containing sugar and eggs. The key to this recipe is to use a high quality dark chocolate such as Valrhona.
Flourless Chocolate Cake
1 lb 8oz Chocolate
1 lb Butter
1 lb Granulated Sugar
2 Cups Pineapple Juice
8 Egg Yolks
1 Vanilla Bean or 1 TB Vanilla Extract
1. Grease a 9 or 10inch round cake pan with pan spray and cover the bottom of the pan with a layer of parchment paper.
2. In a small saucepan, bring he pineapple juice to a boil and reduce to down to 3/4 Cup.
3. In a large bowl, combine half the sugar and egg yolks and whisk together until thick and pale.
4. Over a double boiler, melt together the remaining sugar, butter and chocolate. Once melted, add the reduced pineapple juice and mix until combined.
5. Using a ladle and whisking the egg mixture continuously, ladle the hot melted chocolate into the egg mixture one ladle at a time. Once half the chocolate has been ladled in, pour the rest in and continue to stir until completely incorporated.
6. Add the batter to the prepared cake pan and place the cake pan in a larger pan with high walls. Add water to the base pan, just enough so it comes up about half way on the sides of round cake pan.
7. Bake at 325 for about 45 minutes to an hour. The cake will have a slight jiggle still in the center of it. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool, in the waterbath.
8. Carefully turn the cake over onto a cake stand or plate and garnish before serving.
Fresh Fruit: Raspberries, Blackberries, Pomegranate Seeds, Cheeries